16 April 2008

Aaron's bedroom

As Aaron's first birthday approaches, I started to feel bad about never finishing decorating his bedroom. Since he only sleeps in there, it never seemed as important as so many other chores, but his birthday became my motivation to get some things up on the walls.

My mom stitched Aaron a beautiful quilt that I've been wanting to hang up since before he was born, but we needed to put up a curtain rod to hang it from. Mom and Dad even gave us the curtain rod and hooks to hang it with, but somehow we always had other chores and activities to do on weekends and it never happened. But last weekend, Thom and I finally got it put up and the quilt looks great on the wall.

My original plan for Aaron's bedroom was to put up black and white photos of his grandparents, aunts and uncles. I thought this would help keep him from having stranger anxiety around family since everyone would be familiar. I've had a picture of Grandma and Grandpa and one of Uncle Jim and Aunt Barb hanging on the wall for months. But Auntie Lia had sent a photo of her and Uncle George that I hadn't printed out, so I finally did that, framed it and hung it up. I'm still waiting on my other siblings for photos I can use.

Another thing I've been planning to hang up is a string of Tibetan prayer flags that my sister-in-law Linnea brought Thom back from Nepal where she was stationed in the Peace Corps. I figured Aaron would like the colorful squares. So I put this around the window.

No comments: