08 June 2009

Cuts and scrapes

Aaron got his first serious scrapes on his knees today. I guess we are lucky it took this long. He's had minor cuts and scrapes (and plenty of bruises), but nothing bad enough to warrant a Band-Aid until today.

He and Babu were outside walking around and he fell on the gravel we have bordering the driveway. In shorts. His right knee was cut and scraped right on the knee and the left leg had an abrasion just below the knee. He wasn't crying much when Larissa brought him in, but he started crying hard when I was cleaning the scrapes, applying antibiotic ointment and Band-Aids. I'm glad we were both here to help restrain him. I'm not sure I could have done it on my own.

Fortunately we had a sample pack of Trader Joe's Cats Cookies to promise him during the trauma (not that it calmed him down much at the time). Snacking on the cookies afterwards helped him recover more quickly, though. Poor little boy.

No comments: