21 May 2008

Early Start - First Contact

I called the Regional Services/Early Start program yesterday. When I called, someone took some information about Aaron and my concerns and said someone would call back within 3 business days, but said usually they call back the next day. Someone actually called back within hours.

That person took more information from me, and seemed shocked that the insurance wouldn't cover the physical therapy. She is sending a packet of information out to me, including the name of my service coordinator. Then, the service coordinator will call in 2-3 weeks to get us started in the program.

So far, my impression with this program is very positive. I will keep you posted.

Update at 4:20: I got a call from the second woman I talked to at Early Start. We've scheduled Aaron's assessment for June 2nd at 8:30am at the office of our service coordinator (who I still don't know). Information is forthcoming in the mail.

No comments: