21 May 2008

Babysitter woes

Our sitter Katrina who has been watching Aaron 2-3 days a week for the past 5-6 weeks just found out from her advisor that she needs to take a full course load over the summer. She had said she might need to take some classes this summer, but hadn't expected this. So after next week, she might not be able to watch Aaron for the rest of the summer. She is so good with him and I am finally comfortable enough leaving her alone with Aaron while I run errands (the fact that it took 4 weeks is more of a reflection on me than on her). Plus she has been pretty reliable, rarely cancelling, and giving as much notice as possible when she does.

And the other sitter I had been planning to use in addition to Katrina starting this summer is turning out to be a little flakey. She was here last week for the second time and was supposed to be here for 4 hours, but she wasn't feeling well. She thought it was allergies, but felt worse and worse, so she left after about 2 hours and was supposed to contact me when she was feeling better. We tentatively talked about her babysitting this Thursday, but I haven't heard from her at all. I think I would have at least e-mailed something by now, even just to say "I'm sorry I didn't feel well last time, but I look forward to babysitting for you again."

The good news is that my niece who had to stop babysitting 2 months ago is going to be out of school after next week and is interested in babysitting over the summer. Hopefully between her and Katrina, I can get enough coverage to work. Otherwise I'll be back to job postings and interviewing. A time consuming and unpleasant task.

No comments: