07 October 2007

Singing

Before Aaron was born, I only sang in the car or when no one else could hear me. I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I remember babysitting my niece Mattea with Thom and I wouldn't sing to her if he was in earshot because I was so embarrassed by my tone deafness.

I figured I'd feel the same way with Aaron. But it hasn't taken long to get over it. Aaron loves it when I sing. And I don't care who hears me. All that matters is that it makes Aaron happy. I sing him songs I remember from childhood - Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Mary Had a Little Lamb, The Itsy Bitsy Spider (one of his favorites). And I make up songs, some to tunes I make up, some to familiar tunes. Most revolve around the idea of going to sleep. This one is sung to the tune of Clementine:

Little baby, little baby, little baby, little boy
You are tired
So now it's time to
Close your eyes and go to sleep.

Nothing very creative, but he seems to like it.

So I was really impressed when I saw this video of Anita Renfroe singing lyrics she put to the William Tell Overture. I think all moms will relate.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When will a recording of you singing to Aaron appear on YouTube?

Dad