20 October 2007

First Hike

The Saturday before the fires, Thom and I decided to take Aaron on a hike. We used to hike quite a bit to train for hiking to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, but since we did that hike, we stopped going as much. But there was a new trail head near our house, so we decided to check it out.

We have the UV shade on the stroller, which blocks a lot, but not all of the sun. Aaron still fusses when the sun is on his face.

The hike was mostly uphill and about 15-20 minutes into it, Aaron was getting really fussy and I noticed his face was red. With the stroller seat reclined and going uphill, I think the blood was rushing to his head, so we decided to turn back and try another day after we figure out how to get the seat back into an upright position. (When we first put him in the jog stroller, I wanted him in a reclining position. Since then, I've never figured out how to get it back up. It seems obvious, but it just won't latch.)

No comments: