20 May 2007

Weekend visitors

On Saturday our friends Shannon and Sandy and their daughter Audrey came to meet Aaron. Thom used to work with Shannon at Order Fusion. In fact many of our friends (Chris and Jenny, Travis and Tara, and Mont and Jessica from previous weekend visits) are from Order Fusion, a company that went out of business 6 years ago.

Audrey is coming up on her first birthday in June and is learning the word "baby" which her parents tried to get her to practice while she was here (to no avail). In fact, they told us she knew lots of words, but we didn't hear her say any of them.

While they were here, Sandy and Shannon took turns holding Aaron, who seems so much smaller than Audrey. Audrey wasn't very interested in Aaron, but at least she didn't seem jealous that her mommy and daddy were holding another baby. Maybe Audrey is getting ready for a baby brother or sister?

Audrey is crawling pretty good these days and is almost ready to walk on her own. She walked easily with help from either of her parents and even did well with only holding one hand. She enjoyed getting into our basket of toys we've had out for friends' kids since long before Aaron was born, especially enjoying a wind-up Peep chick toy that our friend Linda gave Thom. It was apparently shaped like a bottle of bubbles she has at home, because she kept shaking it and trying to take off its head.

She also enjoyed the beautiful tulips that my friend Ernie gave me earlier that day. Ernie is a friend from high school that I've know for probably 15 years. He came by to meet Aaron and brought gifts for each of us. I had woken up late and was still a little groggy when he came by and forgot to take pictures from his visit. But he gave me these lovely tulips and gave Aaron a baby mirror that we can hang in his crib or set up on the floor during tummy time.


On Sunday, our friends Bulent and Biriz came to see Aaron with their daughter Alara, who is just over 7 months old. Bulent works with me and had met Aaron briefly at the office last week when I went in for a visit. Alara was in a great mood and gave us lots of big smiles while she was here (something we hope to start seeing from Aaron in the next few weeks!). She enjoyed playing with Aaron's Link-A-Doos and rattle and his Wiggly Giggly ball that makes (giggling-like) noises when you roll it around.

Thom and I were a little tired this Sunday. I made the mistake of eating broccoli last night and Aaron was fussy all night long from gas. I slept down in his room, but didn't close the door to our bedroom, so he kept Thom up much of the night, too. No more broccoli for me, or anything else from the cabbage family. I had heard that foods like broccoli could cause gas for the breastfed babies, but then had read somewhere else that this was a myth. I wish I remembered where I read it, because I wouldn't put much stock in anything else from that source.

No comments: