11 May 2007

Another busy week

Grandma and Grandpa came over on Wednesday this week to see Aaron. While Aaron was napping, the three of us ate lunch from Panera which Grandpa picked up, and then we played a board game based on the movie A Christmas Story. Although the game was not one we could recommend, I enjoyed the time with my parents doing something other than household chores or watching TV. When Aaron was awake, Grandpa and Grandma took turns holding him. He likes being held on the glider.

On Monday, my friend Michaela came to see Aaron while her two daughters were in school. Michaela and I have been friends since freshman year of high school when we had Spanish together. It's been almost 20 years now - I can hardly believe it. Aaron slept while she held him, giving me a chance to do some laundry and eat lunch.

On Tuesday, my friend Julie came to meet Aaron.
Julie is the one that made Aaron his beautiful jungle-themed quilt seen in my first blog. Julie brought lunch fixings which we ate while Aaron napped. Since I'm breastfeeding Aaron, I am hungry all the time so I really appreciate people bringing food when they come by. We keep the kitchen stocked with staples from Trader Joe's so it is nice to have something different.

Julie brought her "son" Jack with her in his new doggy stroller. It is as nice as the one we have for Aaron - complete with sun shade, cup holder, and a storage pocket in the back. Apparently there is a whole website devoted to pet strollers of all shapes, sizes and price ranges: http://www.justpetstrollers.com/. I had no idea there was such a big market for pet strollers, but they seem like a great product for small dogs like Jack.

On Thursday, our neighbor Renate came by to see Aaron. She and her husband Hans are part of a group of neighbors that we get together with for dinner periodically. Renate loves babies and was happy to hold Aaron for nearly her entire visit while we chatted about family and her upcoming European cruise. But before long, she had to leave to get ready for her Ikebana (Japanese flower arranging) class.

Despite all the visitors, it doesn't really feel like we have been that busy. Since Aaron sleeps most of the time, I tend to get bored. Even though I am getting more sleep at night, I still don't have a lot of energy to do more than update this blog, keep up with the never ending laundry and eat frequently. So I relish time with visitors and look forward to getting out of the house with Aaron more, which I hope to start doing next week.

No comments: