07 May 2007

Visitors!

(Over the weekend, I discovered Google's Picasa Web Albums service which allows me to store up to 1 GB of photos online. And as far as I can tell, unlike similar services from Snapfish, etc, people can view my web albums without having to sign up. So I have started setting up albums of photos to supplement what I post here on the blog. Click on the hyperlinks in the text below to see more photos from visits with our friends and family.)

Knowing that Thom would be starting back at work last week, I started to line up visitors so I wouldn't be spending long days home alone with Aaron. In another week or two, I'll be ready to take him places, but since the surgery, I'm still not ready to lift him in his car seat, which makes it hard to go anywhere with him on my own.

So last Thursday, my friend Jessica and her son Gabe came to visit in the afternoon. Aaron slept through most of their visit, but I got to catch up with Jessica and Gabe. We had such a good time, Jessica and Gabe are planning to return this Thursday and I suspect we will be making a habit of visiting each other in the months to come.

Saturday was a busy day. We were visited by our friends Travis and Tara, along with their son Alex and Travis' father Jack. In addition to playing with the pieces from our Go board (a Chinese board game), Alex showed a modicum of interest in baby Aaron.


Towards the end of their visit, my sister Theresa and her family arrived to meet Aaron. Although Theresa had met Aaron at the hospital, my brother-in-law Ernie had not, nor had any of the kids. Mattea was especially eager to see her newest cousin and spent much of her visit holding him on the couch. When he got too heavy for her to hold, Thom gave her a reprieve, but she didn't go far.




Later the same day, our friends (and soon to be first time parents themselves) Chris and Jenny stopped by for a visit. They took turns holding Aaron until he was ready for dinner. They also got to witness a diaper change. I'm not sure, but I think they were taking notes. Before they knew it, it was after 6pm and Jenny had to run and get ready for a rehearsal.

We look forward to meeting their new arrival who is scheduled for July 4th. Will it be a boy or a girl? My money is on a girl.


On Sunday, our friend Raoul and his daughters Rebecca and Jessica came to meet Aaron. Rebecca got to hold Aaron for awhile. Another 4 years and maybe we'll get her to babysit. Aaron slept through most of their visit, but did wake up hungry at one point, so they got to see his eyes before I had to feed him. That is more than some visitors have seen.

This coming week we have more visitors coming. Stay tuned for more pictures...

No comments: