09 May 2007

Sleep, Glorious Sleep


This photo was taken after Aaron's first real bath since his cord fell off. It was the only shot I got where he doesn't look cranky.

Aaron goes to bed after his last feeding before midnight. The past few nights, he has been fussy in the hours leading up to this last feeding. Unfortunately, this is Thom's shift, so he bears the brunt of Aaron's fussiness (not that I don't get my share of fussiness at some point during the day).

The good news is that the last 3 nights, Aaron has been going at least 3 hours between feedings! And since he is sleeping between these feedings, I am getting as much as 2+ hours of sleep at a stretch. I'm also getting more total sleep since he has one fewer feedings between about 11pm and 6am. I'm starting to feel like a normal person during the day rather than a sleep deprived zombie. I'm crossing my fingers that this trend will continue.

No comments: