07 July 2008

July 4th


My parents had us over for a 4th of July BBQ. (They invited the whole family, but we were the only ones who didn't have plans.) My mom bought Aaron an adorable onsie with fireworks on it, but it is size 24 months, so it is too big for this year, but I had this stars and stripes shirt I got in a lot of clothes from eBay. I'm not a big fan of stripes, so I saved it for the 4th of July.
This photo shows how he is crawling on his hands and knees now. Not all the time, but more and more each day. Previously he would start out on hands and knees and then his knees would flare out and he would continue with his belly crawl, but this last weekend, I saw him belly crawling, then stop, get up on his hands and knees and continue that way. He is getting the hang of it. It is so cute to me to finally see him crawling on his hands and knees.
We took a few toys over to Grandma and Grandpa's house, including his Duplos.


I have found that the block box my dad made makes a perfect carrying case for a days worth of toys and a few board books. I load it up with different stuff whenever we are going to someone's house that doesn't have a toddler.

Our new sitter Kim started today and she is so great. I spent most of her 4 hour shift showing her around and talking to her, answering questions about Aaron. He refused to take his morning nap, so he was a little fussy when she arrived, but he did pretty well. I'm supplementing her pay with produce from our yard - she went home with a bag of apples, avocados, peaches, plums and tomatoes. With food prices what they are, I don't feel so bad now about paying her $3/hour less than her normal rate.

And now my boy is waking up from his long, and only, nap. More pictures from the rest of our weekend will be coming later this week...

No comments: