23 March 2008

Visit from Grandma

On Tuesday, Mom came up to see Aaron (and I like to think me as well). We spent some time at the house, but then went out to lunch at Macaroni Grill - a first for both of us (and not bad!).

Coincidentally, Mom and Aaron were both in red, so I took a couple of photos. Aaron is wearing these adorable red velour overalls from the Pumpkin Patch. They have a zebra on the front and are thick and warm for winter. I loved them when I first saw them, but balked at paying $26 for an article of clothing. I try to always buy stuff on sale (or on eBay) and also have a lot of hand-me-downs. But I went back when the spring line was in and the winter stuff was on sale. I paid $10 for the overalls, knowing he wouldnt' have much time to wear them before the weather heated up, and got them a size too big. The cuffs roll up and you can see the printed lining. Who knows, maybe the will still fit when it cools off in the fall. But red is a gender neutral color, so I figured the next kid could wear them, boy or girl.


Mom was reading Aaron Baby Danced the Polka. Auntie Janine gave this book to him and it has become a favorite for all three of us. Thom and I enjoy the rhyme and rhythm of the story and Aaron loves the flaps he can open up - especially the ones that have words hiding on them! The smile in the first photo captures how much he enjoys seeing the hidden picture and word. A few flaps towards the end of the story only have pictures and he doesn't show nearly as much reaction when those flaps are unfolded.

No comments: