18 June 2007

First Father's Day

Sunday was our first Father's Day. I couldn't match Thom's Mother's Day gift of pearls, so I opted for a more reliable approach. I got him geeky stuff. Thom owns more t-shirts than anyone I know. So I got him a t-shirt with "Dad" written in binary (a series of zeros and ones). And to go with it, I got Aaron a matching t-shirt that has "Kid" spelled out in binary. I also got him the first 4 volumes of Make magazine which has projects that he'll be able to do with Aaron someday.

We went over to my parents' house in the afternoon to
celebrate Father's Day with my dad. My sister Lia was there and my sister Theresa and her family. We got some photos of my mom and Mattea holding Aaron, which I posted in a Father's Day web album along with some photos of Thom I took in the backyard after we got home (I love these long summer days).

I am also posting a slide show at the end of this blog entry of the photos from the web album. It is a feature from Picasa that I didn't know about until my dad showed it to me once I got him hooked on Google's Picasa service and software. Yesterday, he was showing Picasa to my sister Theresa and her husband Ernie, trying to get them hooked as well. My friends think I work for Google or something because I am frequently touting various Google services. But the fact is that they have great products and services that are free and most of them work better than the other free options out there. By the way, move your mouse over the slide show for options.

OK, that is the end of my Google plug for today. I hope everyone had a great Father's Day. If you are reading this, leave a comment telling me what you did for your Dad this Father's Day (or what your kids did for you).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm a bad daughter.. i totally blanked on father's day this year. they celebrate it in september here, so i don't get the usual signs in town reminding me, but i've remembered for the last 3 years, and so i don't have a good excuse.

thom's taking this fatherhood thing very much in stride. he makes it look easy!