11 June 2007

Child Engineering vs. Software Engineering

As my last post revealed, some days with Aaron can be a bit challenging. Of course, I realize that I could have it much worse. I know Aaron is a pretty darn good baby as far as babies go. The problem is that I'm still adjusting to life with a baby, which seems so different than my old life.

But the more I think about it, it's not so different. I get frustrated when I am trying to get something accomplished and Aaron wakes up early from a nap. At work, I would get frustrated when I was trying to get something accomplished and I got sidetracked by a client's technical support problem. Taking care of Aaron is like doing tech support. I'm busy all day long, but at the end of the day, I don't feel like I've accomplished much. Other than keeping a cranky client satisfied, which is rewarding in its own way.

No comments: