18 August 2009

Nut allergy?

Last night, Theresa gave Aaron dinner while he was at her house. They had gluten free pancakes. Apparently Aaron threw up shortly after starting to eat them. Theresa told Thom over the phone when he called to check in, but he didn't want to worry me about it until we were on our way to pick Aaron up. He didn't seem sick, she said and only threw up that once.

I got the details when we arrived. He'd been sick all over himself, so she gave him a bath (which he enjoyed because she kept getting him "more toys" from the endless bath toy supply she has for 3 kids. Eventually, she told him no more toys and it was time to get out. He said he felt yucky, so she asked if he wanted to lie down. So he laid down on Noah and Grayson's big boy bed for about 10-15 minutes. She was surprised he stayed there. I am too. But he didn't go to sleep and got up after about 15 minutes. Afterwards he watched TV with Mattea and seemed fine.

I asked if the pancakes had nuts. She said they had peanut butter. The other time he threw up shortly after eating and didn't seem sick was when we gave him some cashews from a trail mix. I've avoided peanut butter and nuts since then in case it was an allergic reaction to nuts. A few months ago, I was eating a PB&J sandwich and he wanted a bite. I gave him a corner and tried to get a piece with just jam, not PB. But there was a little and after eating it, he had a face like I thought he was going to be sick, but it passed. So now I'm really wondering if it's an allergy. Needless to say, I won't be giving him peanut butter any time soon.

No comments: