25 April 2009

Easter and Spring Birthdays

My parents were kind enough to host this year's Spring Birthdays celebration, combined with Easter. My dad's birthday fell on Easter this year, supposedly only the 3rd time it has. I've posted some photo highlights in this blog, but you can find more pictures here.

Cousin Larissa (aka Babu) helps Aaron with a snack.

My mom color codes the plastic eggs so each grandchild has their own color. It's much fairer this way. Aaron's color was yellow. We found 6 of the 7 eggs my dad hid. Last we heard, he still hadn't found the missing egg.

My mom filled Aaron's eggs with Cheddar Bunnies and stickers. He was happy enough with those, I didn't see the need for candy until next Easter at the earliest.

Sometime after the egg hunt and before lunch, my sister Lia gave Aaron a haircut outside. He cried most of the time since he hates getting his hair cut. It gets in his face and his mouth, which he really hates. My sister didn't want to finish because she didn't want him to hate her, but it was lopsided and I insisted he'd be OK. I don't think she'll cut his hair for me again. During the haircut, his clothes came off to keep the hair off of them. We left him in his diaper and shoes until after lunch.
During lunch, Aaron would not sit still while we were trying to eat. Finally, as he was hanging on the edge of his cousin Grayson's chair, I asked if he wanted to sit with Grayson (6 years old). I didn't think Grayson would like it, but they both seemed to enjoy this arrangement.

Both Grayson and his twin brother Noah wanted to feed Aaron. I let them give him some grapes. Noah really wanted to sit with Aaron, too, so later he switched seats with Grayson. Unfortunately by that point, Aaron was nearly ready to get down. Look at the photo album to see more pictures of Aaron and his cousins, including pictures of his adorable baby cousin Clara.

No comments: