17 June 2008

Hanging out

This is where Aaron hangs out at home. In the dining room (because of the carpet). We have his toys stored on a bookcase. He likes to pull them all off the bookcase. It seems to be more important sometimes than actually playing with the toys. He also loves to pull the books off the bookcase and page through them.

The brown box on the bottom shelf is a roll top case for storing 3.5" floppy disks. It was my Dad's. I saw it in his garage and realized he was getting rid of it. And I knew Aaron would like the roll top. When I brought it home, I discovered that his Brio blocks nest inside perfectly. There are two sides in the box (for storing two rows of floppy disks) and his blocks fit 3 across on each side, almost as if it was designed that way.

Part of my day consists of putting away all the toys - blocks back in the box, books back on the shelf, puzzle pieces back in the puzzle. Since he pulls out almost every toy that he has, there wouldn't be room to set him down in there again after a nap if I didn't pick up while he slept. It only takes 5 minutes, but some days I feel like that is all I do.

Here are a couple of videos showing Aaron just hanging out. The second one ends when I have to put the camera down to go get him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the videos! He keeps you busy! Thank you for sharing!