12 June 2008

Babysitter status

This entry and the last one are based on questions my mom asked on the phone the other day, so I thought I'd post updates for everyone else. I found a sitter named Madison that is graduating from high school today. She has been out to babysit 4 times and so far I love her. The first day she babysat, I didn't have anything for her to do while he was sleeping and she didn't have any school work with her. She apparently hates to be idle, so after talking about it for a few minutes, we decided she could bake cookies. We had all the ingredients for Snickerdoodles. Yum! I could smell the cinammon in my office and I got to eat some cookies fresh from the oven. That was when I was won over. To be fair, I haven't asked the other sitters to do anything more than fold Aaron's laundry while he is sleeping, but Madison is the first to insist on helping out while he naps.

Yesterday, she organized his clothes for me and swept and Swiffered the floor in the kitchen nook. I could get used to this! (She has also offered to help organize our office which is a filing nightmare.) But unfortunately, she is going away to college at the end of the summer. I'm hoping that Katrina will return after she is done with summer school, but I am looking for another sitter in the meantime. My new motto is "Always be looking". I cannot have enough backup babysitters I have discovered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to post 10 days after the fact, but i'm just catching up!

this madison sounds like a catch and a half! maybe she'll attend a california school and you can have her on the holidays.. any one who can bake snickerdoodles on demand is a keeper.

Anonymous said...

I agree with tomecide. Next time she cooks save me some of those snail dumplings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snickerdoodle).

Work SEO said...

A religious institution’s day care (Bible Day Care) is no better. Whether it’s in a church, synagogue, mosque, or temple, it’s still a day care! Even worse, many states exempt religious child-care programs from inspections and regulations that other day-care programs are subject to. (By the way, are you sure the day care is really part of your church, or is your church just renting space to your day care?)”It doesn’t even really matter if the day care is licensed or state approved: 24 Hour