10 September 2007

The end of swaddling

These pictures of Aaron were taken with me on the swing two weekends ago. I'm in my PJs and not quite awake, so I chose a few close up shots of Aaron that Thom took. Aaron likes to be outside. He just likes to look around at everything. Sometimes, in the late afternoon and it's shady, I take him out by the eucalyptus trees which he just stares up at. But mostly we sit on the swing. When he is fussy and doesn't want to do anything else, he is content to just chill on the swing.

About two weeks ago on a Thursday, Aaron decided he was done with swaddling. After Aaron repeatedly got out of his swaddle and refused to go to sleep, we finally gave up and changed him from his onsie to some footed jammies. It took Thom at least 30 minutes to get him down after that, but then he slept through the night. I thought he'd wake up a lot since he wasn't swaddled, but he did great. We have swaddled him about half the time since then, but more and more he is going down at night unswaddled and sleeping until 5 or 6am.

No comments: