29 November 2010

Thanksgiving


This is one of several pictures my sister Theresa took of us on Thanksgiving.  We are going to use another one for our holiday cards.

My parents hosted Thanksgiving at their house and with all the siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews in attendance, it was a full house!  We did potluck and all the food was delicious.  Aaron played some games with his cousins and uncles and Audrey was passed around among relatives with almost no complaint, which is pretty good for her.

Early on, Aaron was playing Orchard with his cousin Alex and Uncle Jeff.  He apparently tooted without acknowledging it (I was in the other room and found out later).  After a few seconds, Jeff asked him what that was.  He thought for a second and said "I sat on a duck!"  When Jeff was explaining this to me, I didn't understand that Aaron had tooted.  I thought Aaron had just claimed to have sat on a duck.  So I asked "Did it quack?" and Jeff and Alex quickly said "Ooooooooohh, yeah."  And that's when I understood.  I think "sat on a duck" is going to become a new euphemism in our house.

No comments: