17 November 2010

Chore day



Sunday is chore day.  Most weeks we try to pick up the floors and vacuum.  Thom usually does the vacuuming and Aaron always loves to watch.  We had this yellow stick vacuum in the back of the closet with a telescoping handle.  But if you don't pull the handle out, it is the perfect size for Aaron.  When he asked to vacuum a year ago, I let him try this one, but invariably he just wanted to watch me do it so I stopped getting it out.  But two weekends ago he wanted to vacuum with the yellow vacuum so I tried again and this time he did it all by himself.  He does a great job, even making sure to move the cord out of his way.  This past Sunday he wanted to vacuum again even though Thom wasn't going to vacuum.  So I let him.  No sense in discouraging an interest in cleaning up.

No comments: