22 January 2010

Where has January gone?

Earlier this month I took Audrey to the doctor for a cold that was lingering. Kim was here with Aaron. When I came home, I took Audrey out of the car and was about to close the door when I saw a ladybug on the top of the door frame that would have been squished. I carefully scooped it up into my free hand and took it inside for Aaron. He was eating lunch, so I managed to put it into a jar for him. After lunch, he went outside with Kim and she got the ladybug onto his finger. I tried to get a shot from the front that showed the joy on his face, but the ladybug flew away before I could take a picture.

We had two milestones this week, both two days ago. I had Audrey on the floor doing tummy time while Aaron was doing some mazes in his dry-erase maze book (a good pre-writing activity). Before I knew it, she rolled over onto her back for the first time! She even rolled to her side from her back, but couldn't make it all the way back to tummy.

Later I had her in my lap and Aaron voluntarily gave her his stuffed banana and carrot to play with. They are actually age appropriate for her (unlike some of his toys he's tried to give her) and he let her have them while he did his mazes. She even managed to hold the carrot and drool on it. Which he noted, but he didn't freak out about. This was the best sharing he's done so far. Sharing is really hard for him at this age, so I praised him and then told Thom and Kim later while he could hear, again pointing out what a good big brother he is.

No comments: