07 September 2008

Cuddle Bug

Lately, Aaron will often get into a very cuddly mood. If I am sitting at the dining room table in the morning, drinking coffee, he will come over, stand up at the chair and put his head on my leg (or Thom's). Or he'll go under the table, grab my toes, and then try to hug my foot.

When I am on the floor with him, he might come over and just plow into me head first for a cuddle. Or he'll go and hug one of his dolls or his bear. It will be lying on the floor and he'll go over to it and rest his head on the doll or bear, and then maybe he'll lay across it for a big hug. Or sometimes, he'll give me the two dolls and the bear and when they are on my lap, he'll come up and try to hug us all.

Another cuddly thing he does is he'll hold a toy (anything from a doll to a Duplo block) against his chest (in a hug) and pat it. He'll do this with the stuffed animals in his bed, too, then hand them to me for me to hug them. I'm sure he is encouraged in this activity because we'll say "Awww. Do you love Bear (Puppy, Baby, Banana, your duplos)?"

His latest game is to get me to lie on my back with my knees up. He'll use my knees to help him stand up. He'll look at me and laugh, and then he'll fall foward on top of me laughing. I catch him and hug him and then he wants to do it over again. If I pretend I don't know what he is talking about, he'll sign "More" and then point to my knees.

Thom's favorite thing these days is when Aaron signs "more" and when he says "More what?", Aaron points to him. More Daddy.

No comments: