17 August 2008

General Update (with Pictures!)

I got in trouble with my mother for posting an update without pictures a few weeks ago. Which is why I haven't posted anything in awhile - I either didn't have pictures or hadn't had a chance to take them off the camera and get them ready to post online. Many thanks to Aaron's nanny Kiim for taking these pictures. So here you go, mom, an update with pictures. (Although I'm not sure when she'll read this - I suspect she is over playing with her newest granddaughter, Clara Grace who was born 8/11/08.)




Despite his numerous toys, Aaron's favorite things are still his coffee cans - which have so many uses, and the occasional cardboard box that comes his way. We still stack coffee cans (sometimes Aaron will stack 2 or 3 - after that it is too high for him to add any), but Kim has also turned some of the cans into more elaborate toys. One is covered in red construction paper with an X cut in the top for him to push red objects through (red Duplos, red parts from various toys...). And one has a 1/2" wide slot cut in the lid for putting in plastic cards (those ones you get in the mail for credit card offers or, oddly, from Geico and the NRA in this case), baby food jar lids, and his link-a-doos (small plastic rings which he also likes to have put on his wrists like bangles.)

As I mentioned, Aaron's cousin Clara was born this week. We haven't gotten to meet her yet. She went home on Thursday and I was hoping to visit this weekend, but Aaron is coming down with a cold and I'm worried that I might be carrying germs since I haven't had his cold so I am staying away. Rumor has it that she is adorable, but I have yet to see a picture! She and her mom are doing fine and I hope to visit as soon as I can.

Poor Aaron isn't feeling well and is having trouble sleeping. Fortunately, he is eating well and I'm trying to get him to stay hydrated, but he isn't crazy about drinking out of his sippy cups. He hates having his nose wiped and is fussy most of the time. I'm hoping food, fluids and rest will help him get through it faster, but we'll see. He had a mild cold when he was about 8 months, I think, but this one is already worse and is just getting started.

He just woke up from his first morning nap that he's taken in nearly a week. I've put him down every morning when he is yawning in the hopes that he hasn't totally given up the morning nap (usually he takes it about every other day), but until today, he hasn't gone to sleep. Hopefully he is in a better mood than he was when we put him down. I'll try to post a few more pictures and some videos later today if I get a chance.

No comments: