25 August 2008

Best customer service!

I had such a great customer service experience with an online store, I had to share it. I had purchased two XL sleep sacks for Aaron on BabyCenter. I had signed up for their e-mails when I was pregnant - they have a great website that tells you what is going on inside your womb each week and afte the baby is born, they tell you about the developmental stages for your baby's age. And they have an online store.

The sleep sacks arrived a week after I ordered them and I threw them in with his laundry. It wasn't until I was folding them to put away that I noticed that one was XL, but one was Large. I already have two in size Large and Aaron is growing out of them. I was annoyed that I hadn't double-checked the sizes before throwing out the packages and washing them. But I contacted customer service to see if I could exchange the item anyway.

I e-mailed on Sunday. I had a response within hours. They apologized for the mix-up and said they would send the correct size out asap as long as it was still in stock. And the one I got by mistake? They didn't want to inconvience me by having me return it. It's mine to keep, give away, donate, or toss out. Well, it's a great sleep sack and we want to have more kids, so I'll just hold on to it for now. I was so thrilled with their service, I placed another order with them that night. I was actually shopping around online for something, but they had the item I wanted and you just can't get better customer service than that.

No comments: