26 January 2008

New Pajamas

As Aaron starts to outgrow his 9 month sleepers, I have been in search of 12 month sleepers with snaps down the front. I love snap up jammies. They are easy for diaper changes and don't leave his chest cold during diaper changes like the zippered sleepers.


But for some reason, after nine months, nearly all sleepers are the zippered kind. Carters - one of my favorite brands, doesn't seem to make snap up sleepers beyond the 9 month size.


When I told my mom I was having a hard time finding these sleepers, she couldn't believe me. She went to several stores at a couple of malls and realized I wasn't as crazy as I sounded.


So she not only set out to find me snap up sleepers, but she put her friend Fran on the case, too. Fran found this adorable sleeper on sale at Gymboree's. (The pattern has little toy train tracks with trains.) It is size 12-18 months and is quite form fitting, as you can see. All baby jammies need to be either snug fitting or fire retardant. They come with these big warning labels when they aren't fire retardant making sure you know that it isn't fire retardant and that it should fit snugly. No problem there. Although it looks like a perfect fit, there is plenty of room in the arms and legs for him to get longer.


My mom also found a two piece set that has snaps to hold the top and bottom together. This is like jammies she says she had for her kids as babies, although the ones she had had two rows of snaps so they could expand as the baby grew. How smart! I don't know why they don't make them like that. My only concern with two piece jammies is that Aaron moves around a lot at night and I thought the top would ride up and leave his midsection exposed and cold (since we don't put him down with a blanket). So the two piece jammies with snaps also work for us.

I also found some 12 month sleepers from Under the Nile (they make organic cotton clothing and toys) that snap up (through a 3rd party merchant on Amazon.com), so it's not impossible to find alternatives to the zip up sleepers, but it is a challenge.

No comments: