20 January 2008

Bathtime 2.0

I realized a little late that Aaron had outgrown his infant tub. I didn't want to put him in the big tub just yet, so I found this great inflatable tub. Now he can sit up for bath time and he loves it. He loves to splash and he is obsessed with trying to pull out the plug in the bottom (not that he knows what it is, just that is is something and he has to try to do something with it).

At the end of his last bath, I gave him the container I use to rinse his hair. He has always been obsessed with that, too, but for some reason, I didn't think to just give it to him when I was done with it. He played with it and then ended up dropping it outside of the bathtub.

Bath time used to be a hassle. He had started disliking baths less, which made it a little easier (without all the crying), but it was still difficult in the infant tub. Now that he sits up so well and we can use this little tub, it's much easier for us and he actually has fun with it. Now I can understand why people like giving their babies baths every night. We never bathed him that often (and probably still won't do one every day), but I no longer dread giving him a bath.




No comments: