26 August 2007

Sleeping Through the Night

Everyone asks if the baby is sleeping through the night. But what I've learned is that technically, if the baby sleeps for a 5-6 hour stretch at night, say 9pm - 3am, that is considered "sleeping through the night".

I think the more relevant question is whether the parents are sleeping through the night. That is the more significant milestone.

And the last two nights, I am happy to report, I have slept through the night. After two very fussy and frustrating days last week, Aaron slept for 11+ hours Friday night, going a record-breaking 12 hours between feedings. And again last night, he went 11 hours between feedings. Both nights I was able to sleep about 8 hours.

As with any other time he has gotten me used to a new routine, I don't expect this to last, but I am going to enjoy it while I can.

No comments: