31 October 2010

Tantrums that make me laugh

Aaron's tantrums get more sophisticated as he gets older.  Don't get me wrong, he does still scream, throw and hit when he's mad, but he is getting better about using words. 

Last weekend, I took Aaron to a Health and Safety Expo at the park.  (Sounds boring, I know, but there was a bouncy house and the various booths on health and safety had lots of fun stuff for kids.)  Aaron was in a mood.  He didn't want to do anything, especially not walk.  I carried him a little bit but then put him down.  He whined and cried.  He said he was scared.  Worried that he might be scared by the loud music or the crowd, I asked "What are you afraid of?"  He answered "Walking."  I laughed, but I did pick him up for a bit. 

Finally, he was being so obnoxious while I was trying to check out the booths, I decided it was time to go.  As we passed a police car that was parked at the event, I tried to get him out of his funk by calling his attention to it.  "Look at the police car, Aaron!"  He was uninterested.  He said "That's not a police car."  I said, "Yes it is.  It's a police car."  His grumpy response?  "No it's not!  It's not even a car!" 

No comments: