13 February 2010

Valentine craft


It occurred to me Wednesday after nap time to have Aaron make Kim a Valentine card. Thursday is the last day he'd see her before Valentine's, so we didn't have much time. I couldn't find the camera to take a picture of his first Valentine card, so I called my dad to see if I'd left it there (since this is the same day we went to see my parents in the morning). I discovered it was buried in the diaper bag after all. But by then, Aaron wanted to talk to Grandpa, so I got this picture. We actually don't celebrate Valentine's ourselves, but since Aaron likes crafts, it was a good reason to make something for Kim. If I'd planned better, I would have had him make cards for Grandma and Grandpa, too.

On Thursday, I found some heart-shaped cookie cutters and suggested to Kim they could make cut-out cookies, which she thought was a good idea. It was Aaron's first time baking or really even helping in the kitchen. I kind of have hangups about kids in the kitchen. I don't like the mess, I worry about them getting dirty hands on the food, etc. So it was good to see how Kim handled it. She let Aaron taste various ingredients (he likes salt, which seems to be a trait from his father's side of the family) and she let him help way more than I would have. He LOVED it. And he loved eating the cookies later.



No comments: