10 May 2009

A few of my favorite things

Aaron is at such a fun age right now. I wish I could freeze this moment in time and come back to visit later in life. I wanted to record some of my favorite things he does right now.

A new game we play involves hiding puppy in his room. He started off always putting him in the same spot, but now he has about 5 spots he varies between. He'll hide puppy while I run across the hall to work on something on the computer. Then he'll go back to a certain place along the wall next to the dollhouse and say "Puppy go" (meaning "Where'd Puppy go?") Then I go in, find Puppy and put him in the dollhouse (I did this one time and after that if I tried to put Puppy anywhere else, he'd insist on the dollhouse). Then Aaron goes to get Puppy out of the dollhouse and we do it again. Over and over and over.

Lately he's been setting various animals on the lower of the 2 steps into the living room. He'll say "Sit down, Oo-ah" as he places the gorilla stuffed animal on the step. Then he'll place his wooden Animalz rhino and say "Sit down, Rhino", etc, etc. Only it sounds like "seeeetdown", all one word, and I love it. After all the animals are sitting down on the step, he sits down with them. Then he puts them on the floor and says they are sleepy and then he hugs them all before starting over.

Rather than just whining to express displeasure, more and more he is verbalizing. The most common is "No sing, mama". Singing is anything from singing to just moving my head in response to music. He will also say "no talk" if I'm talking to someone or "no read" if he wants my full attention. He also gets very upset if one of us tells him not to do something (like climbing the bookcase) and he'll say "No, no ga, no no no gaga". (Although he will say "dada" if you show him the word dada, he still calls Thom "ga ga".) He says it like he can't get enough "no's" out in time and they almost run over each other. He will sometimes say "No, no, ma, no no mama, no..", but often he will blame Dada even if I'm the one who says no, but Dada is in the room.

He likes to cuddle on the bed in the office. He kind of crawls and rolls around, but likes to lie against one of us or hug. This can kill 10-15 minutes.

Although he will initially say he doesn't want to take a nap, if I warn him it is almost time and talk about how he's going to get fafa's (pacifiers), after a few minutes, he will wrap up his playing and go willingly. Bedtime has begun to involve more stalling, but naptime is usually pretty easy.

One time Thom was kissing him on the back of the neck while he was playing. With his beard, I know for a fact that this tickles. Aaron's first response was to protest and push Thom away, but then he thought about it and sort of leaned his neck towards Thom for more. This happens frequently now where Thom will kiss his neck and he'll protest only to ask for "more".

A favorite game is Throw Again, pronounced "fro-gen". It is pretty much a cross between frisbee and fetch. You throw the frisbee in the back yard and Aaron retrieves it. Actually, there is one frisbee and one frisbee-like ring that is way better and we have to throw both.

There are more things I think I wanted to write about, but that is all that comes to mind right now.

No comments: