25 March 2009

Vocabulary

I want to try to keep track of his words since I know there is some benchmark for how many words kids can speak at age two. I will be updating this post as I think of words I forgot to include and as he says new words up until his birthday. Note that he does not necessarily pronounce these words correctly, but he uses them consistently and in correct context.

Also, he knows and recognizes more animals than he can say - usually he just says their sound instead of the name of the animal. He also knows orange, but he signs it instead of saying it, and he knows red, but it doesn't sound like a word when he says it, so I don't count it. Same with 'seven'.
Mama
Dada
Papa
Grandma
Grandpa
Kim
baby
ball
doggie
cat
kitty
pig
goat
sheep
horse
cow
utter
bear
bunny
donkey
giraffe
camel
hippo
rhino
zebra
moose
goose
duck
bird
fish
people
hat
shirt
sock
shoes
pajamas
pants
shorts
sky
car
truck
boat
plane
bus
school bus
sun
star
tree
rock
sleepy
new
hi
bye
please
thank you
help
hug
kiss
yeah
yes
no
play
sit
off
fall
done
gone
more
again
away
home
table
door
house
paper
phone
book
light
hamper
cup
bowl
plate
drink
milk
juice
food
coffee
cereal
grapes
apple
carrot
pea
cheese
chip
cracker
toast
cake
fun
funny
up
high
down
big
heavy
bright
dark
cold
hot
warm
on
off
song
sing
clap
burp
coughing
poop
pee
penis
bath
potty
flush
eye
nose
face
hair
tongue
teeth
toes
feet
knee
head
tummy
neck
yellow
green
blue
purple
brown
black
white
grey
pink
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
shadow
fan
wagon
go
sack
nap
upstairs
soap
paws
pine tree
pine cone
circle
triangle
trash
hill
goodnight
wet
water
walk
piano
dollhouse

3 comments:

eldertrag said...

How about cowpa?

Grandpa

childEngineer said...

I didn't count cowpa and a few other words that he really misprounces. If you can get him to say grampa, I'll add it to the list.

Anonymous said...

That vocabulary list is amazing. You may need to show it to him again when he's a teenager. When I ask my soon to be teenage daughter how school was her answer is usually one word. Of course, I get a bit further when I ask why, and then I can get a sentence.