07 July 2007

New Adventures

Last week, I gave notice at work. I have decided to move on from the company I've been with for nearly 9 years. It was a tough decision, especially since I work with a great group of people. But since our small company was sold to a much larger company a year and a half ago, it hasn't been the same. I've lost a lot of my motivation and I'm not happy there any more. I debating just staying home for awhile with Aaron, but after being home with him for a few weeks, I realized I need to work to stay sane. Even if it is just working on my childengineering.com website and trying to generate some income through that and other online projects I had in mind.

However, an opportunity has come up to start my own business, and with Thom's support, I have decided to give it a shot. It's not a sure deal just yet since I need to investigate it further after I'm no longer employed with my current company, but I'm excited about the possibilities. If it works out, I'll hire someone to help out with Aaron and work out of the house. I was hoping to find something like this that would allow me to be home with Aaron, but still do software development. My last day is July 20th, so I hope to know within a few weeks if I can make it work. Wish me luck!

No comments: