23 July 2007

Liz's Last Day at Work

Friday was my last day at work. My boss and friend Raoul organized a BBQ lunch and invited Thom and Aaron to join us (you can see Aaron on my lap in the back of the picture). My friend Linda organized a "farewell card" from everyone at the office that was a series of cards enclosed in one of our 3-ring product manual binders. Each page has a picture of a co-worker and a personal note from them. She also put together a shadow box of pictures and mementos from my nearly 9 years with the company.

I was sad to leave, but I know I'll get back to visit everyone. It's funny though. I knew I'd miss everyone at the office, but over the weekend, I realized I will also miss the source code I worked on. It just dawned on me that I'd never work in that code again.

More pictures from my last day are here.

No comments: