15 May 2011

Piano!

We've been thinking about getting an electric piano for a long time.  Aaron showed an early interest in music and instruments and I played piano growing up.  We have a keyboard the kids have been playing with, and although it was a nice keyboard, it wasn't a full 88 keys and we didn't have a frame and seat for it, so I rarely played it.  Thom found a nice Casio piano online which we just set up yesterday.  It sounds great and both the kids love it.  I've even gotten a chance to play it.  And a nice feature is the ability to use headphones with it since my best time to get on there is when the kids are asleep.
I have some of the books I had when I was in lessons as a kid and I play to start teaching Aaron.  He puts a book of music on the piano and pretends he's playing it.  So far he can find middle C (on the piano, not the notation for it) and he recognizes a treble clef and bass clef on sheet music.

No comments: