03 December 2007

The Perfect Playpen

Last night, I was attempting to take sheets out of the washer and put them into the dryer while holding Aaron. In front of the washer, we keep a small, square laundry basket for catching stray socks and other items that invariably fall on out when we are moving clothes from washer to dryer. I looked down at the basket, I looked at Aaron hooked on my left hip and realized it would be a perfect fit. So I set him down in the basket and proceeded to move the sheets.

He found it quite interesting, all those little holes to investigate.

After taking a couple of photos, I thought it would a great place to put him while I made his dinner. So we moved the basket into the dining room where we could see him from the kitchen and gave him a rattle to play with (which he unsuccessfully tried to push through the holes in the basket).

The square basket is the perfect size. Since Aaron still can't quite sit up on his own, the basket helps support him and isn't big enough for him to fall over - at least not more than he can correct for. And any toys we put in the basket with him are always within reach. At least until he dangles them over the side of the basket and lets them fall to the ground.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask what size Aaron is wearing now so I could get him a Christmas gift since Lia told me "No toys" But maybe I will just get him his own laundry basket!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it's not made in China!...